HOLA. nicole is away on a lovely south florida bachelorette (the season has begun!) weekend and i think my brain thinks it’s away, too. for lack of something more interesting to say/in the assumption that you lovely people actually want to see these things, here are 5 random (seriously, i just reached my hand in there for a pen and pulled out all 5 of these things first) items from my bag.
1. pouch filled with coins from places i’ve traveled. ’cause you never know when you’ll be called to duty — CIA style — and have to jet off without time to hit the international ATM. mostly i keep this because it reminds me of all the fun times i’ve had in the beautiful places i’ve been. as my late grandpa once wrote to me in a letter while I was in Canada with my family (of all places. sorry if you’re from Canada and i’ve just offended you. it’s actually quite beautiful. i used to spend summers in Saint-Saveur when I was a kid and LOVED it. anyway.), and i’m paraphrasing here, “we live in a beautiful world and there are so many places to see. i’m so glad you’re seeing some of them.”
2. a jazzy ring. you never know when your outfit may need something a little…spunky (as my friend karen loves to say).
3. a box of crayons for ethan. you never know when there’s going to be a doodling emergency at a restaurant.
4. lip stain. ’cause at the end of the day, when i’m all drained from work and the color is all drained from my face, this makes me look like i’m actually still quite alive. and ready to be kissed.
5. clambake by essie is my go-to nail color and i generally chip my nails every single day (which is why i never get professional manicures). keeping this baby on hand ensures i don’t look too sloppy (as my mom might point out).